Medical Devices and Life Science
The specifications and requirements of medical and life science electronic products require the highest quality standards across the entire product lifecycle. As a leading global provider of complex, multi-disciplinary solutions, Fabrinet has the capabilities and experience to meet the ever-evolving demands of medical electronics device manufacturing. We also have the unique capability to support precision electro-mechanical assembly, optics, photonics, and electronics integration in systems and consumables.
Fabrinet offers a full range of services supporting micro-electronics manufacturing, electro-mechanical, and optical technologies for the medical industry; from die attach, wire bonding, fiber integration, and SMT to system assembly.
With our deep capabilities in process and test development and complex, precision assembly, Fabrinet is a global leader for medical devices and life science instrumentation and a trusted partner for core technologies in sensors and lasers.
We combine our unwavering focus on quality and regulatory compliance with our highly experienced technologists and world-class manufacturing infrastructure. This ensures unparalleled excellence for medical products requiring the most stringent regulatory requirements.
Industry-Specific, Value-Added Services
- NPI engineering support
- Tooling and fixture design
- Test development support (hardware and software)
- In-house process/ product validation capabilities (IV&V)
- Product end-of-life management
Quality and Regulatory Compliance
- Audited and approved as a “manufacturing services provider” for class II medical devices and instruments.
- Quality system certification and regulatory compliance:
- ISO 13485 and GMP compliant
- Full component traceability systems
- Six Sigma standards
- LEAN manufacturing
Flexible/ Scalable Operations
- Modular facilities scale from NPI to any volume for manufacturing
- Onsite, flexible cleanrooms
- Highly trained and experienced medical device-focused workforce
- Dedicated, customer-specific teams provide responsive, flexible program management
- Web-based, real-time information and traceability systems
Process Transfer Expertise
- Highly experienced in transferring exacting manufacturing processes to South East Asia
- Dedicated to embedding “transfer teams” into your organization and maintaining the responsibility for transfer throughout the manufacturing processes
Supply Chain Expertise
- Proven supply base for the support of precision plastics, metals, and diverse commodities to uniquely support instrumentation and medical device solutions
- Full turnkey capability for managing material cost, supplier quality, and lead time requirements
- Comprehensive logistics support including freight consolidation, direct shipments, on-time delivery, and VMI hub management
- Board of Investment (BOI) approved for duty and tax exemption